Public Services Manager
Chinook Arch Regional Library System is looking for a dynamic and innovative Public Services Manager to join our team in Lethbridge, Alberta. At Chinook Arch Regional Library System, we are proud of our record of innovation and our commitment to providing responsive service to our members.
The Public Services Manager will work with and guide the Public Services Team in developing and delivering services to member libraries and other stakeholders. The successful candidate will be passionate and enthusiastic about public library service, particularly rural library service. As an innovative and resourceful professional you will also be skilled at working in a fast-paced collaborative environment. Responsibilities require the exercise of considerable independence and interpretive judgement in both the creation and implementation of policies, plans and procedures. A flexible approach and a strong commitment to excellent customer service are essential.
The successful candidate will have:
· A Master’s degree in Library and Information Science (or equivalent) from an accredited institution
· A variety of progressively responsible experience in a public library or public library system, with at least 2 years of supervisory experience
· A demonstrated ability to provide strategic and proactive leadership and vision in a collaborative environment
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· A demonstrated commitment to ongoing personal and professional development
· A valid driver’s license with a three year good driving record
We offer a competitive salary with benefits. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Applications will be reviewed beginning November 23, 2016.
Chinook Arch Regional Library System supports a network of cooperating public libraries in southwestern Alberta, Canada. The headquarters is located in the City of Lethbridge which is one of the warmest and sunniest cities in Canada, with a population of almost 100,000 and close to 2,400 hours of sunshine per year. Known as Chinook Country, Southwest Alberta has spectacular scenery and many interesting historic and cultural sites.
Email applications to:
Robin Hepher, CEO
Chinook Arch Regional Library System
|Public Services Manager.pdf||320.1 KB|