Systems Support Technician (Download the PDF )
Chinook Arch Regional Library System is seeking an enthusiastic professional for a position as Systems Support Technician. A Systems Support Technician works with the IT team to support IT services at Headquarters and in member libraries. The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent customer service skills and a commitment to excellence in a strongly team-oriented atmosphere. We are seeking a flexible and results-oriented analytical thinker and problem solver with effective communication skills.
- Assist with planning, implementation, and evaluation of initiatives that support the information technology functions of System Headquarters and member libraries.
- Provide Help Desk support for member libraries and Headquarters staff.
- Install, configure, and maintain hardware and software used at Headquarters and member libraries.
- Configure, manage, and maintain the network and/or servers.
- Assist in the development of websites, applications, databases, etc. that support System services.
- Develop training materials and participate in training staff and librarians.
- Cooperate as a team member in performing any duties necessary to the achievement of the System's Goals and Objectives
Education and Experience:
- Minimum: Diploma in computer science or technology
- Familiarity with Linux and Windows operating systems
- A fundamental understanding of networking concepts along with broad knowledge of computer hardware, software, and network environments
- Knowledge and experience of web development, content management systems and/or database design
- Proficiency in Drupal an asset
- Experience in a library and/or knowledge of library software an asset
- Good communication skills
- Ability to adapt to new technologies
- Flexibility and the ability to work independently
- A valid class 5 Alberta Driver’s License and a 3 year clean driving record
- Proficient with office productivity software
- Capable of lifting and moving heavy boxes
Please apply by email with resume and cover letter attached to:
Trevor Haugen, IT Team Leader
Chinook Arch Regional Library System
For a full job description, please contact Trevor Haugen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of applications will begin April 7, 2014.