We have openings for Summer Reading Program Coordinators.
Chinook Arch is recruiting for two full time Summer Reading Program Coordinators for May through August 2014. Summer Reading Program Coordinators work together to plan and coordinate implementation of a summer program at member libraries to encourage reading by children and teens.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Prepare promotional materials for elementary and junior high classes and present to southwest area schools
- Solicit prize donations from local businesses
- Prepare and present a workshop for member librarians and their summer staff on the programme theme “Eureka”
- Prepare stories and activities to present to children at the 33 member libraries
- Make at least two visits to each of 33 libraries in the System area during the months of July and August to assist with programs and run an activity for children
- Assist Public Services Librarians with various other duties related to System services
Based in Lethbridge, these positions are an opportunity for significant employment experience for students who intend to work in the library or education fields. Travel to 33 member communities is required on a regular basis. A System vehicle is normally available for use, but coordinators must have a valid driving licence.
At least one year of post-secondary education. Students in a library science program or education and/or with a demonstrated interest in children's programming will be given preference. A valid driver's license with a clean driving record is essential.
To meet eligibility requirements for summer employment grants, preference will be given to applicants that were registered as a full-time student during the preceding academic year; intend to return to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year; and are between 16-30 years old.
Hourly pay: starts at $13.50
Applications will be reviewed beginning March 2014. The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Apply with cover letter and resume to:
Lauren Jessop, Public Services Librarian
Chinook Arch Regional Library System