Chinook Arch Rewards for Excellence and Distinction
Chinook Arch Regional Library System wishes to recognize innovation and excellence in library service in the region. The R.E.A.D. Awards encourage nomination of member libraries that have implemented or participated in programs and services that benefit their community or region. Preference will be given to nominations that reflect a willingness to collaborate or share resources, and that are future focused or innovative.
1 or more awards will be given out each year based on the following criteria:
- Excellence in service
- Future Focus
- Community Benefit
Possible topics for nomination (for example only):
- Partnerships and/or collaboration
- Intellectual Freedom
- Public Relations or Marketing
- Each nomination must be submitted to the below by January 9, 2013.
- Use the attached form as a template for your nomination (include information in as many fields of possible).
- The Marketing/Communications Committee of the Chinook Arch Library Board will assess each nomination based on the criteria outlined in this document and will choose 1 or more recipients per year.
- The Awards will be presented at the dinner on March 8th, 2013 at the Southern Alberta Library Conference.
- The winner will receive a plaque and a monetary award.
- Each member library is limited to 2 nominations per year.
- Nominations must be received by January 9, 2013 to be considered for the 2013 award ceremony.
- Nominations may be made by member library staff or board members, or System staff or board members.
- Nominations should follow the template provided (see attached).
- Member libraries cannot win for a project previously awarded. Nominations may be re-submitted for the same project if not previously awarded, as long as the project occurred during the nomination year (i.e. awards given out at the 2013 ceremony are for activities taking place during 2012)
- While measures and statistics may be used to prove the value of a particular project, awards will not be granted based solely on that criteria.
Forward nominations by mail, email or fax to:
c/o Terra Plato
Chinook Arch Regional Library System
2902 7 Ave. N.
Lethbridge, AB T1H 5C6
All nominations received by January 9, 2013 will be acknowledged by email. If you do NOT receive an email acknowledgement please be sure to contact the above to confirm receipt of your nomination.
|Nomination Form.pdf||251.72 KB|