Chinook Arch Rewards for Excellence and Distinction
Chinook Arch Regional Library System wishes to recognize innovation and excellence in library service in the Region. The READ Awards encourage nomination of member libraries that have implemented or participated in programs and services that benefit their community or region. Preference will be given to nominations that reflect a willingness to collaborate or share resources, and that are future focused or innovative.
One or more awards will be given out each year based on the following criteria:
- Excellence in service
- Innovation/Future Focus
- Community Benefit
Possible topics for nomination (for example only):
- Partnerships and/or collaboration
- Intellectual Freedom
- Public Relations or Marketing
- Excellence in Librarianship
- The Marketing/Communications Committee of the Chinook Arch Library Board will assess each nomination based on the criteria outlined in this document and will choose one or more recipients per year.
- A call for nominations will be sent out in December for awards presented the following March.
- Nominations will be judged using a rubric at the February M/C Committee meeting.
- Winners will be notified prior to the Southern Alberta Library Conference to ensure that a representative from the library/library board is present to accept the award.
- The Awards will be presented after dinner at the Southern Alberta Library Conference.
- The winner will receive a plaque and a monetary award (amount determined by number of winners).
- Photos of the winners will be taken at the ceremony and a press release will be sent out the following week.
- Photos of the awards ceremony will be included in a short presentation that will play in the main ballroom during meals on Saturday at the Southern Alberta Library Conference.
- Each winning library will be asked to write a short article about their winning initiative for the Chinook Arch newsletter, including photos if possible.
- Each member library is limited to two nominations per year.
- Nominations must be received by January 25, 2017 to be considered for the 2017 award.
- Nominations may be made by member library staff or board members, or System staff or board members.
- Nominations should be no more than two typed pages in length.
- Pictures and/or video submissions supporting the nomination are encouraged
- While measures and statistics may be used to prove the value of a particular project, awards will not be granted solely on that criteria.
- Member libraries cannot win for a project previously awarded.
Forward nominations by mail, email or fax to:
c/o Kerby Elfring
Chinook Arch Regional Library System
2902 7th Ave. N.
Lethbridge, AB T1H 5C6
Nomination form can be found below. All nominations received by the deadline will be acknowledged by email. If you do NOT receive an email acknowledgement please be sure to contact the above to confirm receipt of your nomination.
|READ Awards Application.doc||162.5 KB|